Majlisul Ulama, Tehreek-e-Islami Hind, Karnataka and Goa
Ulama (the Islami scholars) are the successors of the prophets. It has been a distinct practice of Ulama in every period of time to invite mankind towards the obedience of Almighty Allah, to promote the concept ofKhair-e-Ummah and ‘Dayee Ilallah’ in Muslims, to guide people in religious matters and to counter prevalent issues in society, to establish Islamic system of life in this world with the sense of accountability before Almighty. They promote collective atmosphere to spread virtues and eradicate evils, they create unity among Muslims. They collectively struggle to achieve their goals. Alhamdulillah, it is with these noble ideals that Majlisul Ulama, tehreek-e-Islami Hind, Karnataka and Goa has been formed.
Formation of Majlisul Ulama
Majlisul Ulama was formed under the patronage if Jamaat-e-Islami Hind, Karnataka and Goa in July 2005 (Jamaadiul Aakhir 1426) in Bangalore of Karnataka state in India. It is an organization of Ulama, active in religious, intellectual and Dawah activities in several districts of Karnataka and Goa states.
Aims and Objectives:
With the intention of pleasing Allah
1) To ensure organized struggle collectively for the glory of Almighty Allah’s commands.
2) To promote interest of following Islamic principles in the lives of Muslim Ummah.
3) To motivate Muslims to find solution to their social and family matters in Islamic Shariah.
4) To strengthen and stabilise Muslim Unity by adopting balancing ways in controversial matters.
5) To imbibe the spirit of being ‘Khair-e-Ummah’ and ‘Dayee Ilallah’ among Muslims.
1) Guide people through Sermons, Speeches and other popular means of communication.
2) Keeping a rapport working in collaboration with Ulama of different sections.
3) Special efforts to promote understanding of the Quran and Hadees among people.
4) Efforts to promote talents and facilitate intellectual and ideological development of affiliates.
5) Guide Muslim Ummah in latest economic and social issues.
The general body of Majlisul Ulama consists of all members of the Majlis. The Executive Committee consists of nine Aamila (executive) members, in which a Naazim (Convenor) and Muavin Nuzama (Assistant Convenors) are appointed.
MEMBERSHIP OF MAJLISUL ULAMA
Alumnis of Deeni Madaaris who agree with the aims and objectives of the Majlis and affirm to follow its demands and assure to support it, can become a member of the Majlisul Ulama, after his membership request is approved by the zonal president of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind.
All ulama are requested to cooperate, extend suggestions and pray for the success of the Majlis in these lofty noble goals. May Allah accept the humble initiatives of Majlisul Ulama. Aameen